Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Monday, July 02, 2007

A scene seared in memory

I'm a little conflicted on this one. On the one hand, it's not fun like most of the stuff I blog here, but on the other hand, I believe that LEGO can be a true art form, and art can (ought to?) often push us out of our comfort zone. At BrickWorld, Todd Webb the World Trade Center during the 9-11 Attack. This won "Best Vignette" (though I'm posting it here rather than at VignetteBricks, so you might guess that this doesn't fall in my personal vig aesthetic, which is more minifig-based). Read more on Todd's site.



Technorati tags:

3 comments:

Linus Bohman said...

That's a fantastic creation. I think it's rendered as tastefully as it can be.

Anonymous said...

haha. this is the funniest shit i have ever seen.

johnybegood17 said...

Wow , cette création est de toute beauté , j'ai moi meme voulu faire une tour comme tu l'a fait mais j'ai fait mes tour sans fumer et sans feu .