Please visit the other 'Bricks' blogs:
ArtisticBricks ComicBricks ContestBricks DisneyBricks GodBricks
MicroBricks MinilandBricks SciBricks TolkienBricks VignetteBricks

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

In memory of Nnenn

I'm guessing that most people who read this blog also read the Brothers-Brick, so you all probably already know about the death of Nnenn, who we now learn is actually Nate Nielsen. Yes, his MOCs were inspirational in their creative use of parts and color, but for me the saddest part is to learn that he's got two boys, who now won't be able to play LEGO with their daddy again. If you've got kids, go home tonight and hug them tight, or your spouse or other significant other, or your folks or your siblings or friends or roommates, or anyone important in your life.

A few moments on the LEGO. Nnenn, no, Nate, (God, I've got that scene from Fight Club in my head now where we all have names in death) was perhaps the most prolific and creative space builders out there, but also dove into lots of other themes. All of his work can be found on Flickr and Brickshelf. Tons of fig-scale stuff, of course, but also microscale. It's telling that right now there are five of his MOCs up on the Brothers-Brick, and two of them are micro. A few favorites from me:







Heck, I could go on for days. I'm literally just clicking though galleries, and everything I find that's micro is great and should be highlighted. Instead I'll just post this pic. It's a mix of micro and fig scale MOCs and shows how prolific he was, and also his bold use of color. Too hard to see with the photos all shrunk down like this, but his building techniques were amazingly innovative.

If you read the whole article on the Brothers-Brick you know that there will be a collaborative display of fighters arranged in a missing man formation at BrickWorld in June. I'd love it if micro fans around the Legoverse had a strong showing.

Technorati tags:

No comments: